Benjamin "Ben" Weadon is a private equity attorney in Holland & Knight's Charlotte office. He advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies located across the country on leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions, and general corporate matters.
Mr. Weadon helped lead the largest U.S. leveraged buyout announced in 2015 and the largest solo private equity purchase of U.S. assets since 2011. He also has advised on deals in various industries, including software, semiconductor, telecommunications and fleet management.
- Represented The Carlyle Group in its $7.4 billion acquisition of Veritas, an information management system provider, from Symantec Corp.
- Represented an entity controlled by The Carlyle Group in the acquisition of the Compute business of MACOM Technology Solutions and related joint venture with Oracle Corp.
- Represented a publicly traded technology company in its $7.4 billion acquisition of a global, publicly traded communications equipment manufacturer
- Represented a publicly traded technology company in its $3 billion acquisition of an international telecom and wireless business
- Represented a middle market private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading wholesale distributor of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Represented a middle market private equity fund in its acquisition and subsequent sale of a technology-enabled service provider in the vehicle fleet maintenance industry
- Represented a middle market private equity fund in its acquisition of a telecommunications infrastructure services company
- Represented a middle market private equity firm in its acquisition of a nationwide fleet maintenance and repair services provider
- Represented Pamlico Capital in multiple acquisitions and dispositions
- Represented a publicly traded manufacturer in its acquisition of a Belgium-based flooring manufacturer for approximately $1.2 billion in cash and equity
- Represented The Carlyle Group in its investment in ProKarma, a high-growth information technology (IT) services firm
- Represented a portfolio company of a middle market private equity fund in a strategic investment by one of the largest communications companies in the world
- Represented clients in initial and secondary public securities offerings
- Represented several public companies in securities law matters
- Represented private equity funds in the general corporate matters of their portfolio companies
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D., with high honors
- Duke University, B.A., cum laude
- North Carolina
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Charlotte Mergers and Acquisitions Law Ones to Watch, 2021-2023; Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2024
- Order of the Coif