Michael L. Wiener practices in the area of public finance law, concentrating on public debt offerings for local governments in Florida. Mr. Wiener has worked as bond counsel, bank counsel and disclosure counsel for numerous bond offerings for counties, cities and conduit bond issuers.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Wiener clerked for the Florida Attorney General's office in the Antitrust Division. Mr. Wiener previously worked as a consultant, specializing in the implementation and administration of defined benefit and 401(k) plans. He regularly consulted with Fortune 500 companies regarding the design and compliance of their retirement plans.
In the community, Mr. Wiener is involved with the Lakeland Police Foundation, Police Athletic League and Camp Fire USA Sunshine Council (President).
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Binghamton University, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Public Finance Law, 2019-2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Banking & Finance: Public Finance, 2020-2023
- Florida State University College of Law Business Review
- Florida State University College of Law Dispute Resolution Society
- Order of the Coif