Michael L. Wiener practices in the area of public finance in the Tampa office of Holland & Knight. He currently practices in the Business Law Section concentrating on public debt offerings for local governments in Florida. Mr. Wiener has worked as bond counsel, bank counsel and disclosure counsel for numerous bond offerings for counties, cities and conduit bond issuers.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Wiener clerked for the Florida Attorney General’s office in the Antitrust Division. Mr. Wiener previously worked as a consultant, specializing in the implementation and administration of defined benefit and 401(k) plans. He regularly consulted with Fortune 500 companies regarding the design and compliance of their retirement plans.
In the community, Mr. Wiener is involved with the United Way of Central Florida Young Leaders, the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce, Emerge Lakeland (Founding Member), Camp Fire USA Sunshine Council (President) and Junior Achievement.
- Bond Buyer, "Florida High Court OKs Baseball Bond Validation," October 29, 2010
- Bond Buyer, "Jefferson County, Ala., Releases Memo on Sewer Debt," February 27, 2008
- Bond Buyer, "Florida TIF Ruling Stirs Concerns Decision Leaves COPs in Turmoil," September 12, 2007
- Bond Buyer, "Florida TIF Precedent Overturned Bond Community Mulls Implications," September 10, 2007
- Bond Buyer, "Trends in the Region: Reform Looms in Florida Issuers Warn Buyers of Tax Relief Efforts," May 17, 2007
- Bond Buyer, "Florida's Unique OPEB Reporting Law May Prove Challenging," March 16, 2006
- Bond Buyer, "Miami-Dade and Hillsborough Counties Hike Traffic Fines to Back Revenue Debt," July 6, 2004
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Binghamton University, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude
- Lakeland Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce
- United Way of Central Florida
- Emerge Lakeland, Chair-Elect and Founding Member
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Banking & Finance: Public Finance, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Public Finance Law, 2019-2021
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Florida State University College of Law Business Review
- Florida State University College of Law Dispute Resolution Society
- Order of the Coif