Catherine Yepes is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office and a member of the firm's Financial Services Team. Ms. Yepes focuses her practice on the representation of financial institutions, including but not limited to, domestic and multinational banks. Ms. Yepes is experienced in handling business, licensing, regulatory and compliance matters. Her fluency in Spanish facilitates transactions with customers within the United States and abroad.
Ms. Yepes advises clients as to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), with an emphasis on anti-money laundering (AML) issues. She practices before various federal and state regulatory and enforcement agencies such as the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Yepes served as a judicial staff attorney for the Third District Court of Appeal in Miami, Florida. During her time, Ms. Yepes reviewed appellate pleadings and applied relevant authority such as the Florida Statutes. She also assisted in oral arguments and in drafting opinions.
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Florida International University, B.A., cum laude
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, 2020-Present
- Dean's List, St. Thomas University School of Law, 2018-2020
- Merit Scholarship, St. Thomas University School of Law, 2018-2020
- Highest Grade Designations in Legal Research and Writing, 2017; Property, 2018; Evidence, 2018; Florida Constitutional Law, 2019; Hispanics Civil Rights and the Law Seminar, 2019; First Amendment Law, 2019; and Criminal Procedure, 2019, St. Thomas University School of Law
- Dean's List, Florida International University, 2012-2015
- Florida Medallion Scholarship, Florida International University, 2012-2015