Mike Zdeb is a partner in the Chicago office of Holland & Knight. His practice involves both the business and private wealth practice areas in his representation of businesses and their owners. He also focuses on private company ownership and governance.
Mr. Zdeb represents equity participants and businesses in shareholder and corporate governance matters and disputes. His experience includes matters involving shareholders and members in limited liability companies, as well as partnership disputes. Mr. Zdeb utilizes his own business and tax experience and works with a team of experienced valuation experts and litigators to ensure the best possible outcome for his clients. More often than not, this has the required creative settlements and resolutions that take into account the specific needs of the client and the financial and other dynamics of the business.
Mr. Zdeb has a background in valuation matters, in particular the valuation concepts involved in the "fair value" standard of value employed by courts in appraisal and fiduciary actions.
Mr. Zdeb also serves as counsel to international and domestic businesses in the manufacturing, distribution and logistics, consulting and telecommunications industries.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Loyola University Chicago, A.B.
- Loyola University Chicago, M.A.
- Attorneys for Family Held Enterprises (AFHE), Board of Directors
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, 2016-2021
- Illinois Super Lawyers magazine, 2006, 2009-2013, 2016-2018
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, July 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated