Estate Planning in the Face of Litigation: Current Dilemmas and Malpractice Traps
Holland & Knight Webinar
Holland & Knight partner Bruce Ross and associate Bob Lang of our Private Wealth Services Group will take part in Estate Planning in the Face of Litigation: Current Dilemmas and Malpractice Traps, a phone seminar/webinar produced by the ALI-ABA.
While estate planners' highest career aspirations include structuring documents to avoid litigation-alas, where family members and money are concerned, lawsuits do crop up. This seminar provides an overview of litigation issues of current concern to those who represent settlors, testators, fiduciaries, etc. Experienced estate planners who also litigate contested issues from coast to coast provide practical advice on handling thorny estate planning disagreements on matters such as conflicts of interest, prudent trust management, and malpractice avoidance.
There are real malpractice traps here for the unwary planner and litigator. Don't miss this insightful, convenient, and interactive seminar.
- Identify planning areas and problems that often result in litigation
- Avoid litigation through prudent drafting
- Learn about malpractice traps inherent in estate planning litigation
- Bruce S. Ross, Holland & Knight LLP, Los Angeles, CA
- Robert W. Lang, Holland & Knight LLP, Tampa, FL
- Margaret E.W. Sager, Heckscher Teillon Terrill & Sager, West Conshohocken, PA
12:00 p.m.- Program Begins
- Drafting to Minimize Post-mortem Disputes
- Protecting the integrity of the document (avoiding or winning will and trust contests)
- Providing good guidance to fiduciaries (Avoiding or minimizing surcharge litigation)
- Minimizing the Lawyers' Risk of Malpractice Claims
- Questions and Answers
1: 30 p.m.- Program Ends