Advanced Forum on D&O Liability
Master Class on Crafting D&O Coverage and Conducting Renewals
Holland & Knight D&O Insurance Partner Tom Bentz will present the "Master Class on Crafting D&O Coverage and Conducting Renewals" at the American Conference Institute's 15th Annual Advanced Forum on D&O Liability, which will take place November 30 - December 1, 2009, in New York City.
With record settlements, market volatility and a continued increase in securities litigation over the past year, corporate risk managers, legal officers and board members have to stay ahead of the curve on coverage and renewal issues. This intensive workshop will use practical scenarios to highlight the intricacies of D&O insurance and will provide realistic advice on how to obtain comprehensive insurance protection.
Points of discussion will include:
- Setting expectations and understanding priorities in a changing marketplace
- Information disclosure: What’s key?
- Defining terms: Which are most problematic later?
- Analysis of key clauses and considerations
- Exclusions to watch out for: What do they really mean?
- Detecting – and clarifying – uncertainties in the contract language
- Timeline for the renewal process
- Evaluating new coverage at renewal time
- Assessing coverage limits
- Renewing the proposal
- Implications of changing carriers
- Impact of recent litigation/settlements on the renewal process