New and Expected NLRB Decisions and Rulings: What They'll Mean for Employers and the Labor-Management Relations Landscape
ACI National Advanced Forum on Labor-Management Relations
Labor Relations for Management Partner Kenneth Jenero will speak at the American Conference Institute National Advanced Forum on Labor-Management Relations on a panel titled, "New and Expected NLRB Decisions and Rulings: What They'll Mean for Employers and the Labor-Management Relations Landscape."
While many concepts under federal labor law are well established, their application is dynamic and often changing. Knowing the current position of the NLRB on issues of importance to employers is necessary to stay in compliance and minimize risk. This seminar will discuss how recent NLRB rulings affect labor-management relations, including new and expected decisions on:
- The right to an election after employees agree to a card check
- Protected employee activity
- Reinstatement issues
- Employee use of company email for union organizing
- Determining supervisory status
- Weingarten rights as they apply to union and non-union workers, and the right to representation during disciplinary interviews
- Remedies when dealing with the prevention of fair elections, including Gissel bargaining orders
- Binding arbitration
- Union access to corporate "captive employee meetings"
- Other cases and issues likely to be impacted by NLRB decisions