American Conference Institute Advanced ITAR Compliance Conference
"Determining Eligibility for U.S. Government, Technical Data, Temporary Import and Canadian Exemptions: Weighing the Risks of Exemption Misuse against Applying for a License"
International Trade Partner Jonathan Epstein will speak at the American Conference Institute's Advanced ITAR Compliance Conference on a panel titled "Determining Eligibility for U.S. Government, Technical Data, Temporary Import and Canadian Exemptions: Weighing the Risks of Exemption Misuse against Applying for a License."
Panelists will address how to update your global ITAR compliance program in light of recent and emerging developments and government priorities, including the following issues:
- interpreting and applying amendments to technical data exports: applying ITAR section 125.4(b)(9)
- supporting your eligibility for USG 126.4 (shipments by and for government)
- avoiding common pitfalls in using temporary imports, company employee and Canadian exemptions
- the most commonly abused exemptions and the consequences of misuse: how far you can go in using ITAR exemptions
- when government authorizations are required and overcoming key challenges to getting them
- complying with recordkeeping requirements for ITAR exemption use
- application of Department of Defense "certified" exemptions: when to use them and the process to obtain "certification"