IP Trademark, Copyright & Licensing Counsel Forum
an ALM/Corporate Counsel event, The Harvard Club, NYC
Holland & Knight is a sponsor of this year's ALM/Corporate Counsel IP Trademark, Copyright & Licensing Counsel Forum. Intellectual Property: Litigation and Licensing Partner Richard Raysman will co-chair the conference and Intellectual Property Partners David Donoghue and Ruth Lansner and D&O and Management Liability Insurance Chair Tom Bentz will serve as panel moderators.
The conference will address how a company can protect its brand's reputation and at the same time monetize its IP portfolio. It will feature in-depth discussions on issues such as enforcement strategies, dealing effectively with non-practicing entities, coping with user-generated content, personal jurisdiction, and developments in China and Europe.
Mr. Donoghue will moderate a panel titled "Strategies for Dealing with Non-Practicing Entities." The agenda will include the following:
- impact of intellectual ventures and other aggregators: evil or a public good?
- eliminating risk of litigation: freedom to operate agreements and covenants not to sue
- sub-license rights
Ms. Lansner will moderate a panel titled "Anti-Counterfeiting Strategies and Updates." The agenda will include the following:
- regulatory update
- how to create a clear policy of enforcement
- best practices for resolving disputes
- different strategies for different companies
- secondary trademark infringement
- liability prevention
Mr. Bentz will moderate a panel titled "Insuring Against Risk." The agenda will include the following:
- data breach
- privacy breach
- intellectual property, including patent and copyright law
- errors and omissions
Mr. Raysman will deliver the opening and closing remarks.