Ruth L. Lansner
Ruth L. Lansner is a partner in Holland & Knight's New York office. She serves as the firm’s Deputy General Counsel and was a former deputy section leader of the Business Law Section and director on the firm's Directors Committee. Prior to serving as Deputy General Counsel, her broad-based corporate and commercial practice included significant experience in the areas of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and licensing and distributorship arrangements for domestic companies and for non-U.S. based companies and their subsidiaries doing business in the U.S. In particular, Ms. Lansner has represented a wide range of European companies in their acquisition and sale of assets and stock of U.S. companies, and she has provided on-going counsel to these non-U.S. based companies in the establishment, maintenance and day-to-day activities of their subsidiary companies in the U.S. Ms. Lansner has also been engaged in venture capital financing primarily on behalf of financial investors, and in traditional financing transactions for other clients. Ms. Lansner's practice in the Intellectual Property field includes trademark licensing, trademark prosecution and enforcement, and analysis and negotiation of intellectual property rights in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Lansner has also been engaged over the years in international and domestic aviation/aerospace related transactions. She has authored numerous articles related to leasing, creditors' rights and aerospace.
Ms. Lansner has lectured and moderated panels in the United States and Europe on mergers and acquisitions, distribution and international sale agreements, trademarks, venture capital funding, international business transactions, negotiation skills for international lawyers, hints and tips for doing business abroad, equipment leasing, and airline transborder ownership and investment. She has authored numerous articles related to leasing, creditors' rights and aerospace including several which have appeared in Leaders' Equipment Leasing Newsletter.
She testified before the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on the Judiciary on behalf of the Anti-Defamation League in support of the Civil Liberties Act of 1985, which provided reparations to Japanese-Americans interned during World War II, and in support of the Comprehensive Anti-Terrorism Act of 1995 which provided greater U.S. capability to combat terrorism in the U.S. and abroad.
After receiving her J.D. from the New York University School of Law in 1974, Ms. Lansner practiced with the firm of Gilbert, Segall and Young LLP until they joined Holland & Knight in June 2001.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- Women’s Health Research at Yale, Advisory Council
- International Bar Association, International Sales Committee, Vice Chair
- American Foreign Lawyers Association, Vice President
- ABA-Section of International Law and Practice, Women's Interest Network and Regional Coordinator for New York, former Vice Chair
- New York County Lawyers' Association, Board of Directors, 1997-2000
- Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services, U.S. Department of Defense, 1998 to 2000
- Anti-Defamation League, National Commissioner; former member of the National Executive Committee; former Vice-Chair of the National Religious Freedom Task Force; Chairman of the National Legal Affairs Committee, 1990-1998
- New York City Bar Association, Aeronautics Committee, Chair, 1983-1986
- Leaders Equipment Leasing Newsletter, Board of Editors
- New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated