HR Toolkit Series Part 2: Investigating Employee Complaints
Holland & Knight Webinar
Effective internal investigations of employee complaints provide organizations with meaningful opportunities to minimize defense costs and liabilities from administrative charges and lawsuits. However, incomplete or otherwise mishandled investigations can increase, and sometimes create, the risk of liability.
Kara Ariail, a partner in Holland & Knight's Labor, Employment and Benefits Group, will share a start-to-finish investigative roadmap that HR professionals can use to ensure a complete and thorough process. Ms. Ariail also will address:
- best practices for documentation and interviews
- strategies for obtaining necessary information from employees accused of misconduct and reluctant witnesses
- evaluating factual findings to draw meaningful and supportable conclusions
- developing and implementing remedial measures to address misconduct
- involving legal counsel in a protective and cost-efficient manner
Continuing Legal Education
Holland & Knight is an approved CLE provider in several jurisdictions, including Illinois, New York, Texas, Georgia and California. All reasonable efforts to seek CLE credits for this program will be made. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of either content or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE for transitional (newly admitted) and experienced attorneys.
Continuing Professional Education
Holland & Knight can provide certificates of attendance that can be used to obtain CPE credit for non-legal professions such as HRCI. Attendees will need to follow their appropriate organization's self-application procedures.