Bid and Size Protests: What ANCs Need to Know
Holland & Knight Program
Anchorage, AK 99501
Holland & Knight's Government Contracts Group, in collaboration with the Native American Contractors Association (NACA), the National 8(a) Association and the Anchorage MBDA Business Center, invites you to "Bid and Size Protests: What ANCs Need to Know." Our in-depth presentation will analyze the bid protest and past performance challenges that many Alaska Native Corporations (ANCs) and their 8(a) subsidiaries face.
Partner Bob Tompkins will discuss key aspects of the protest processes, including:
- Pre-Award Protests: Identifying issues in RFPs, timing for filing pre-award protests, and other options for challenging solicitation terms and conditions
- Post-Award Protests: Understanding and maximizing the debriefing process; identifying potential grounds of protest; timeliness issues; and forms of relief that successful protesters can receive from the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Protest Issues of Particular Relevance to ANCs: Including the use of sister and parent companies' past performance
- Size Protests: When, how and where size protests are filed, responding to size protests and appealing Area Office size determinations
- Recent Developments: Including the U.S. Department of Defense's new "enhanced debriefing" requirements and GAO's new online filing system and filing fee requirements
We hope to see you at this highly informative event, which is being held a day before the start of the National 8(a) Association's 2018 Alaska Regional Conference.Also, please plan to join our friends at C2 North earlier in the day as they discuss SBA's new Certify process. Their presentation, "Get Certify'd – An Insider Guide to SBA's Small Business Program Certification Website," takes place from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. in the same conference room.