Bid Protest Series Part 1: Understanding the Process, Key Deadlines, Debriefings and Different Forums
Holland & Knight Webinar
Holland & Knight's Government Contracts Group invites you to join us for Bid Protest Week, when we will present three one hour-long webinars that will discuss how contractors and others in the industry should think strategically and tactically about the protest process.
The federal government's fiscal year ends on September 30, and historically, federal agencies award many contracts, task orders and other agreements this time of year. For this reason, it is a good time for government contractors to "brush up" on bid protests and how it can help address problems they may encounter in the procurement process.
Part 1: Understanding the Process, Key Deadlines, Debriefings and Different Forums
In Part 1 of our Bid Protest Week series, we will review the protest process, key deadlines, the value of debriefings and the different forums that hear pre-award and post-award bid protests.
During this one-hour webinar, we will address:
- different types of protests
- key deadlines to file a protest and trigger the automatic Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) stay
- remedies you can get from a protest
- the role of debriefings in assessing whether a protest could help and how to prepare
- an overview of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) protest process
- typical outcomes of bid protests at GAO
- differences between GAO and other protest forums, and how to decide between them