C-PACE Funding: An Overview with Greenworks Lending
Holland & Knight and Greenworks Lending Program
Lower Level Conference Center
Washington, DC 20006
You are cordially invited to a presentation on C-PACE funding featuring participants from Greenworks Lending, the largest Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) finance provider in the country.
Greenworks has funded hundreds of millions of dollars of C-PACE across all types of commercial, industrial, multifamily and nonprofit properties.
C-PACE, a creature of state law, enables private capital to fully fund any energy- or water-related measure in a commercial property.
- These measures can include roofs, windows, HVAC, solar, chillers, lighting, piping and building envelopes, among others. In some cases, C-PACE can also fund weather and earthquake resiliency.
- The funding is applied as a special benefit assessment on the property tax. This provides long-dated (20-plus years), fixed, nonrecourse capital that can never be accelerated by the lender but can always be paid off early by the owner.
- It can be passed through on common area maintenance (CAM) fees or triple net leases, and the cost of this capital is typically half the cost of mezzanine debt or equity.
- It can apply to pre-existing buildings, gut rehab and new construction.
- This new funding source is growing rapidly and can dramatically improve the return on equity (ROE) for a property owner or developer, and materially reduce weighted average cost of capital (WACC).
This presentation will be held in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. We hope you can join us for this highly informative program.
Greenworks Lending is not an affiliate of Holland & Knight, and Holland & Knight does not endorse any funding opportunities, presenters or participants at the Greenworks presentation.