HR Toolkit: Focusing on HR Fundamentals to Minimize Employment Law Liability in Uncertain Times
Holland & Knight Webinar
Holland & Knight's HR Toolkit Series highlights fundamental HR best practices that are critical to help minimize employment law liability. During these unprecedented and challenging times, a renewed focus on the basics is critical for the success of every employer's HR function.
Please join Holland & Knight attorneys Kara Ariail and Erika Royal for "Focusing on HR Fundamentals to Minimize Employment Law Liability in Uncertain Times." The program is for HR professionals at all levels, and will identify critical areas of risk and provide practical guidance on time-tested practices that can be implemented to minimize liability and add value to your organization.
Topics will include:
Current Workplace Challenges in Addition to Managing COVID-19 Exposure
- Economic impact on employees
- Reduced employee supervision due to remote work or less employees in the workplace
- Employee engagement and distraction
Minimizing Claims by Maximizing Perceptions of Fairness and Respect
- Managing employee productivity and work performance
- Effectively investigating complaints
- Implementing policies that address the "new normal"
Managing Employee Leave and Accommodation Requests
- Understanding and adhering to applicable laws, such as the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Effectively evaluating reasonable accommodation requests under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Addressing leave and accommodation requests that are not subject to law
Ensuring Compliance with Wage and Hour Requirements
- Reducing employee compensation
- Managing scheduling issues and overtime for non-exempt employees
Mitigating Termination Risk
- Implementing best practices for individual terminations
- Ensuring fair and lawful layoffs
- Effectively messaging terminations internally and externally
We hope you can join us for this highly informative event.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
Holland & Knight is an approved CLE provider in several jurisdictions, including California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. All reasonable efforts to seek CLE credits for this program will be made. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of either content or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE for transitional (newly admitted) and experienced attorneys.