New COVID Webinar: When HHS Knocks at the Door
Preparing for Provider Relief Fund Attestation Defense
The CARES Act Provider Relief Fund has provided a necessary lifeline for many healthcare providers in the wake of elective procedure cessation and higher costs of care. While the funds are similar to grants, which don't require repayment, there are strings attached. Attestation and reporting regarding the use of funds is required, and false attestation can lead to penalties and prosecution. Is your organization prepared in the event of an attestation audit?
PYA Principals Lori Foley and Michael Ramey will join Holland & Knight Partners Jeremy Sternberg and Michael Manthei to provide a complimentary one-hour webinar that offers key considerations and perspective to assist healthcare providers in navigating the inquiries on the horizon.
- A review of sources of CARES Act Provider Relief Funds distributions, and the attestation requirements of each
- Areas of fund usage by providers
- Challenges in attestation/management for rural hospitals
- Proof of intent – demonstrated steps taken to support attestation made in good faith
- Implications of non-compliance and false claims