Holland & Knight Data Privacy and Security Report: January 2023
Welcome to Holland & Knight's first monthly data privacy and security news update. We are excited to bring you the latest in policy, regulatory updates and other significant developments. If you see anything in this report that you would like additional information on, please reach out to authors or members of Holland & Knight's Data Strategy, Security & Privacy Team.
- General Congressional Update
- Congressional Committee Leadership
- Update on Comprehensive Data Privacy and Security Legislation
- Kids' Privacy Legislation
- Narrow Data Privacy and Security Bills
- House Votes to Create China Competition Committee
- E&C Holds Roundtable on Big Tech and Fentanyl
Executive and Departmental Updates
- NTIA Requests Public Comment on Privacy
- NIST Releases First AI Management Framework
- FTC Fines Digital Health Company
- What's Ahead for FTC
Information contained in this alert is for the general education and knowledge of our readers. It is not designed to be, and should not be used as, the sole source of information when analyzing and resolving a legal problem, and it should not be substituted for legal advice, which relies on a specific factual analysis. Moreover, the laws of each jurisdiction are different and are constantly changing. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. If you have specific questions regarding a particular fact situation, we urge you to consult the authors of this publication, your Holland & Knight representative or other competent legal counsel.