Lori Atkin is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Ms. Atkin deals with employee benefits for a wide range of employers, including for-profit, nonprofit, governmental and church entities. She focuses her practice on all aspects of defined benefit, defined contribution and hybrid plans, such as cash balance plans, from inception through termination. She is well-versed in matters regarding designing, drafting, compliance issues, government filings, communications and administration, including review of domestic relations orders. Ms. Atkin also has significant experience with mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and nonqualified retirement plans.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Atkin served as counsel at a large international law firm. Before that, she worked for 23 years at large consulting firms, where she provided counsel on qualified retirement plans. Her experience, combined with her extensive legal knowledge, allows her to bring a consultant's practicality to her profession.
- Advised and drafted plans and documents regarding the merger of multiple qualified retirement plans attained in past acquisitions into a main retirement plan structure for a leading global pharmaceutical company
- Prepared the voluntary correction program filings for multiple defined benefit and defined contribution plans of a leading global pharmaceutical company
- Conducted a full benefits and compliance review for a specialty chemicals and materials technology company, providing its benefits department with a thorough compliance and best practices analysis covering all aspects of the company’s retirement plans
- Designed and implemented an early retirement window program for a leading global pharmaceutical company, including conducting training classes for outside consultants
- Albany Law School, J.D.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, M.S., Urban and Environmental Studies
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., Interdisciplinary Science
- New Jersey
- New York
- Homeless Advocacy Project, Board of Directors, 2019