Rogelio Azcárraga Ibargüengoitia is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Monterrey office. Mr. Azcárraga Ibargüengoitia has 10 years of experience supporting national and international companies in corporate issues, including corporate restructures, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), commercial transactions, real estate and day-to-day needs of companies. In addition, he also has a strong background in corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters, including anti-corruption and money laundering prevention issues.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Azcárraga Ibargüengoitia worked for a leading Mexican law firm. He also previously worked for a well-known telecommunications company.
- Advised a multinational company in the fashion industry (retail) in its investment in Mexico, including its corporate restructuring and simplification of operations, and matters related to the distribution and sale of products, audits and internal investigations
- Participated in the corporate structure of a multinational business group dedicated to activities related to the construction industry
- Advised a manufacturing company in the automotive industry in the restructuring of its operations to comply with the new labor regulations
- Participated in the due diligence and acquisition of a leading company in Mexico that manufactures waterproofing systems, paints and resins
- Participated in the due diligence and acquisition of several franchises in the food industry
- Advised a multinational corporate group in the healthcare industry in the corporate restructuring and simplification of its business sectors
- Participated in the corporate restructuring and simplification of operations of a foreign company in charge of the distribution of optical components
- Advised a company in the food industry in its raw material manufacturing processes
- Participated in the entry into Mexico of a coffee brand recognized in South America
- Advised an auto parts manufacturing and distribution company in the design, drafting, implementation and training of its internal anti-corruption policies
- Advised a company with various business groups in the review and training of its internal policies
- Advised a real estate developer in the design, drafting, implementation and training of its anti-laundering manual
- Participated in an internal investigation for allegations of workplace harassment at an international company dedicated to water treatment
- Participated in an internal investigation into allegations of sexual harassment at a pharmaceutical company
- Advised a multinational auto-parts manufacturing company in an internal investigation regarding its quality processes and dealings with suppliers, as well as possible acts of corruption
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, J.D.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho, (Course: update in commercial law)
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, 2024