Catie Lane Bailey is a Nashville attorney and registered lobbyist who represents and advises clients on legislative and public policy matters before the Tennessee General Assembly, local governments, and various state and local agencies. Ms. Bailey has in-depth knowledge and experience assisting clients on the processes and strategies needed to help them accomplish their public policy goals. She understands the legislative process from start to finish and has effective working relationships throughout the Tennessee legislature as well as within the executive branches of state and local government.
Ms. Bailey is an integral part of a team that represents nearly 50 clients before the Tennessee General Assembly and other state agencies on a range of issues. She is knowledgeable, responsive and reliable.
Ms. Bailey is a tireless advocate for clients, working with stakeholders to educate policymakers and their staff about the effect of proposed legislation and regulatory changes. She has a proven track record of influencing outcomes that is built on her strong credibility, creative strategy development, a deep understanding of government regulation and long-standing bipartisan relationships.
Ms. Bailey represents clients with a wide range of interests within a broad spectrum of industries. Corporate clients frequently turn to her for assistance with securing state and local appropriations needed to expand, relocate or retain operations in Tennessee. Clients also rely on her understanding of the government procurement process when vying for public contracts.
Additionally, Ms. Bailey has gained extensive experience with specific industry segments, such as providing counsel on sports wagering regulatory matters and ethics and campaign finance issues. She is often a "go-to" lobbyist for the multifamily housing industry in Tennessee, representing owners and developers throughout the state. Ms. Bailey is also a leading lobbyist for companies entering the nascent Tennessee sportsbook industry following the 2018 U.S. Supreme Court decision that opened the door to legalized sports betting. Education and education policy are also key areas of focus for her government relations and lobbying practice.
A hardworking and driven advocate for clients, Ms. Bailey began her public policy career as a congressional intern for then-Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander while pursuing her undergraduate degree.
- Nashville School of Law, J.D.
- Western Kentucky University, B.A., Political Science and Communication Studies, summa cum laude
- Lawyers' Association for Women – Marion Griffin Chapter
- Tennessee Council of School Board Attorneys
- Tennessee Lobbyists Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- United Way of Greater Nashville, Young Leaders Society, Board Member, 2019-2022; Patricia Hart Society, 2023-Present
- Mercy Community Healthcare, Advisory Board Member, 2021-Present
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce, Steering Committee, 2010-2012
- Nashville Business Coalition
- Nashville Young Leaders Council, Nashville Class 76, Spring 2021