Catherine Barbaree is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. Ms. Barbaree focuses her practice on employment-related litigation, and advising clients on strategies for avoiding litigation and complying with a wide array of state and federal employment laws.
Ms. Barbaree represents employers before federal, state and local administrative agencies and courts in a broad scope of employment litigation, involving allegations of discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour violations. Ms. Barbaree also counsels and advises employers on relevant statutes and laws, including Title VII, the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (TCHRA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
While in law school, Ms. Barbaree was an extern for Senior Judge A. Joe Fish. She also served as an associate managing editor of the SMU Science and Technology Law Review as a student attorney and chief attorney of the SMU Dedman School of Law Criminal Justice Clinic.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Boston College, B.A., English, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2022, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Dallas Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2022-2024
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All Star, 2021