Lauren R. Becker is a Dallas labor and employment and litigation attorney who focuses her practice on a range of matters in complex business and labor and employment arenas. Ms. Becker's practice is divided between litigating labor and employment and commercial business disputes, counseling employers on a broad range of labor and employment matters, performing labor and employment due diligence in connection with business acquisitions and sales, negotiating executive employment and related agreements, and drafting employee handbooks and employment policies.
Ms. Becker represents national and international business clients, as well as senior executives, across a wide range of industries, and regularly litigates matters in federal and state courts and administrative agencies. She is well versed in litigating tort, commercial and corporate litigation actions in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitrations. Ms. Becker has represented businesses in multidistrict litigation (MDL) matters, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act claims, breach of contract suits and other complex litigation. Ms. Becker also regularly represents clients in matters involving claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), wage payment disputes, employment discrimination and harassment claims, covenant not to compete claims and trade secret defense issues.
During law school, Ms. Becker clerked at the Office of Solicitor General for the Texas Attorney General. She also served as co-president of the Baylor Law School Women's Legal Society and spent two years coaching the student client counseling team.
- Baylor Law School, J.D.
- Mount Holyoke College, B.A., International Relations and Spanish, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Holland & Knight Diversity Committee, Dallas Office Co-Chair
- Holland & Knight Women's Initiative, Dallas Office Co-Coordinator
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Mount Holyoke Club of Austin, Vice President
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Dean's Academic Excellence Full-Tuition Scholarship, Baylor Law School, 2014-2017
- Dean's List, Baylor Law School