Daniel S. Brown is a New York attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Corporate, M&A and Securities Group. Mr. Brown specifically counsels clients in the energy and infrastructure sectors on mergers and acquisitions, financings, capital markets issuances, project development, construction and corporate law matters.
Mr. Brown draws on 30 years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactional matters. He has represented regulated utilities, independent project developers, investors, governmental authorities, underwriters and other financing providers and agents. Mr. Brown has a breadth of knowledge regarding debt (taxable and tax-exempt) and equity offerings, as well as cross-border and other complex projects or structured financings.
In addition, Mr. Brown focuses on projects across energy spectrum and is heavily involved in renewable projects. He advises trustees, lenders and administrative agents in financings, workouts and restructurings.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Brown was senior counsel for an international law firm.
- Advised a major foreign nuclear power industry company in connection with the restructuring of its U.S. operations and corporate structure in connection with a merger transaction
- Advised the acquirer of offshore oil and gas production assets in a bankruptcy auction process
- Represented a project developer in the negotiation of an engineering, procurement and construction contract for a $2.3 billion fertilizer facility
- Advised the dealer-manager in a series of public offerings of non-traded oil and gas limited partnership interests
- Represented the administrative agent for a group of secured lenders in the bankruptcy of SunEdison
- Representation of a multinational bank as facility agent and collateral agent in connection with an Aircraft Lease Credit Facility for a portfolio of 21 aircraft to an Ireland-based aircraft lessor and financier
- Representation of a multinational bank as depositary in multiple equipment trust certificates (EETC) financings for two major U.S. airlines
- Representation of a global bank's Americas subsidiary as master administrative agent, collateral agent and depositary in several renewable project facilities that are guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Energy, including two project that are in default as a result of power purchase agreements with California-based gas and electric company
- Representation of a Delaware-based bank as administrative agent under a second lien credit facility in the bankruptcy and in an exit facility for a renewable energy company
- Advised a major infrastructure owner in the refinancing of debt securities for a toll road project
- Advised J.P. Morgan Securities and Bank of America in the reofferings of seven series of tax-exempt private activity bonds by the regulated utility subsidiaries of Avangrid Inc. with a value of approximately $400 million
- Advised the underwriters in a public-private partnership tax-exempt bond issuance for a major highway construction project
- Advised U.S. Bank on municipal derivative transactions
- Advised Citibank N.A. in connection with aircraft financings for foreign and domestic carriers
- Cornell Law School, J.D., Business Law and Regulation
- Union College, B.A., cum laude
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, General Course Certificate, Program in Economics and Politics
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Banking and Finance, 2019