Stacy Brown focuses her practice on oil and gas matters, with an emphasis on Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) regulations and contracts relating to the acquisition and operation of offshore oil and gas leases.
- Lead counsel for the negotiation and drafting of contracts associated with the offshore exploration, development, and production of oil and gas, including joint operating agreements, participation agreements, farmout agreements, joint venture agreements, and gas balancing agreements
- Lead counsel for the acquisition and divestiture of offshore federal oil and gas leases; negotiate and draft purchase and sale agreements and perform due diligence; two bids, if successful, would have triggered the application of Hart-Scott-Rodino
- Lead counsel for business interruption and property damage claims arising from hurricane damage to offshore structures, including from Lili, Katrina, Rita, Ike, and Gustav
- Author of business unit reports to corporate board of directors
- Quasi in-house role with midsize oil and gas company which owns and operates deep water leases in the Gulf of Mexico
- Lead counsel for Chevron Pipe Line Company in the successful defense of a race discrimination claim
- Second chair for Chevron Pipe Line Company in the successful expropriation of land for the Empire Oil Terminal, a highly contested expropriation
- Tulane University Law School, J.D.
- Louisiana State University, B.S.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Member, Federal Energy Bar Association, 2005-present; President of the New Orleans Chapter, 2005-2009
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association; Law School Liaison Committee Chairperson, 1993
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association
- Treasurer, Kids Wanna Help, 2007-present
- Advisory Board Member, St. Scholastica Academy, 2009-present; Advisory Board President, 2012-2013; Parent Club Board Member, 2009-2012
- Board Member, Covington Three Rivers Art Festival, 2010-2012; Board President, 2011-2012
- CCD Teacher, St. Peter Parish School of Religion, 2000-2010
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Oil and Gas Law, 2014-2022
- Recommended Attorney, The Legal 500 US by Legalese (Industry Focus: Energy: Transactions: Oil and Gas), 2016