James C. Chadwick
James Chadwick is a partner in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. Mr. Chadwick provides counsel to domestic and foreign financial institutions, capital companies and private funds in a wide range of matters. He has in-depth knowledge and experience in leveraged acquisitions and leveraged recapitalizations, senior and subordinated debt, private placements, asset-based lending, financial asset portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, specialty financing, equipment and project financings, secured and unsecured term lending, and other forms of debt and equity financing, across substantially all industries and product lines, together with restructurings, workouts and bankruptcy matters relating to these structures and financings.
In addition, Mr. Chadwick advises clients on mergers, acquisitions and other business combinations, as well as matters involving securities, general corporate concerns, formation and funding of finance companies, asset management companies and investment funds, restructurings, workouts, import and export activities, and inbound and outbound investment activities. He works closely with, and provides ongoing legal advice to, company management and boards of directors regarding offerings, acquisitions, mergers, and other business and financial transactions undertaken by these companies.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- American College of Investment Counsel, Fellow
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers, Fellow and Regent
- American Bar Association, Subcommittee on Cross-Border Secured Transactions, Chairman
- Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys
- The Bankruptcy Strategist, Law Journal Newsletter Board of Editors
- Notre Dame School of Dallas, Texas, Board of Directors
- Dallas Regional Chamber, Board of Directors, 2015-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, 2012-2022
- Texas Best Lawyers, Banking and Finance Law, 2017, 2018
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2005-2007
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Order of the Coif, Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law