Maria De Bedout is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Financial Services Team. Ms. De Bedout focuses her practice on cross-border financing and capital markets transactions, with an emphasis in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Ms. De Bedout advises lenders, corporate borrowers, project sponsors, developers and private equity sponsors in a wide range of cross-border and domestic financings, including syndicated lending, acquisition financing, project and structured financings. In addition, she has substantial experience advising sponsors and developers in the preparation of documentation related to ongoing development projects.
Also, Ms. De Bedout advises on a variety of debt, equity and project bonds transactions by issuers in the financial services, energy, transportation and infrastructure sectors. She regularly advises underwriters and issuers in connection with securities offerings sold pursuant to Rule 144A and/or Regulation S.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. De Bedout worked at a New York law firm, where she participated in domestic infrastructure financings and syndicated cross-border loans. She also previously practiced in Colombia for a leading law firm, where she participated in several of the country's milestone infrastructure financings. Many of the transactions she worked on received "Deals of the Year" designation in their respective categories.
- Advised a lender in connection with a senior secured credit facility for an aggregate principal amount up to $300 million to provide credits to suppliers in a dual-level structure
- Advised a bank as lender and administrative agent in connection with $300 million syndicated loan credit facility
- Advised a gold miner in securing a $250 million credit facility for the financing of a large-scale gold mining project in Colombia
- Advised a nonprofit entity in structuring a financing scheme for the construction of a new cancer center and the purchase of related medical equipment
- Advised banks as lead arrangers in a reserve-based lending facility
- Advised one of Mexico's largest private highway concessionaires in connection with ongoing additions to the scope of the project and the issuance of additional senior debt
- Advised a sponsor in connection with the issuance of private, tax-exempt activity bonds for the financing of the construction, design and maintenance of certain managed lane facilities in Texas
- Advised a multinational investment bank and financial services company as lead arranger and a group of syndicated Colombian lenders on the multisource bank and bond financing of part of the 4G toll roads concession program in Colombia
- Advised banks on the $514 million financing of a highway as part of the 4G toll roads concession program in Colombia
- Advised a bank and Colombian lenders on the approximately $465 million multicurrency financing of a highway as part of the 4G toll roads concession program in Colombia
- Advised banks on the approximately $445 million multisource, multicurrency financing of the public-private partnership for a major road construction project in Colombia, which was awarded "Best Road Financing" in LatinFinance's 2017 Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards
- Advised a multinational investment bank and financial services company as lead arranger on the approximately $372 million multisource, multicurrency term loan financing of a major toll road as part of the 4G toll roads concession program in Colombia, which was awarded "Best Local Currency Financing" in LatinFinance's 2017 Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards
- Advised a multinational investment bank and financial services company as lead arranger in financing for toll road; the project was one of the first two 4G projects to obtain international capital markets financing as part of a multisource and multicurrency structure that included a Colombian peso denominated bond; the financing structure of the deal involved a US$260 million and $397 billion Colombian pesos international bond offering, and a $900 billion Colombian pesos senior loan facility; the project was awarded "Deal of the Year," "Best Road Financing" and "Best Infrastructure Financing" for the Andes Region in LatinFinance's 2017 Project & Infrastructure Finance Awards
- Advised an investment bank and financial services company as initial purchasers, and multiple banks as senior lenders in connection with the approximately $472 million multisource, multicurrency financing of a 4G toll road; the financing structure of the deal involved a US$150.8 million and $327 billion Colombian pesos international bond offering, a $550.5 billion Colombian pesos senior loan facility, a $217.5 billion Colombian pesos subordinated multipurpose revolving loan facility, currency hedges and approximately US$54.4 million of performance insurance
- Universidad Nebrija, LL.B.
- Columbia Law School, LL.M.
- Universidad de los Andes, Post-Graduate Degree, Financial and Securities Regulation
- Universidad de los Andes, LL.B.
- New York
- Next Generation Lawyer, The Legal 500 Latin America, 2016, 2017