Nicholas Dellefave is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Orange County office who focuses his practice on a variety of complex business litigation matters.
Mr. Dellefave's experience spans a broad range of legal issues, including commercial disputes, corporate shareholder litigation, securities, trade secrets, federal False Claims Act (FCA) and Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) defense, oil and gas rights, defamation, real property rights and bankruptcy. Mr. Dellefave has represented clients in all phases of state and federal litigation, effectively utilizing the tools of discovery and pre- and post-trial law and motion practice to secure favorable results. Mr. Dellefave's clients have included companies in the commercial real estate, healthcare, technology and defense spaces.
While in law school, Mr. Dellefave compiled an impressive record of achievement in intramural and intercollegiate trial and appellate competitions. In addition, as a law student, Mr. Dellefave worked in the New York State Science and Technology Law Center, where he helped companies develop and implement commercialization strategies for emerging technologies. In this role, Mr. Dellefave drew from his engineering background and passion for technology to guide inventors and technology companies through protecting their intellectual property and obtaining regulatory approvals. Mr. Dellefave also interned for the Honorable David E. Peebles of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
- Represented a corporation in securities litigation arising from the ouster of the company's former CEO
- Defended a corporation in a shareholder suit alleging breaches of duties owed to common stockholders in connection with the company's asset sale
- Represented a hospital in a dispute with an imaging equipment vendor over liability for electrical damage (Orange County Superior Court, second chair at trial)
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Syracuse University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- Syracuse University, B.A., Economics
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Journal of Science and Technology Law, Executive Editor, 2017-2018
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's List, Syracuse University College of Law, 2015-2018
- Moot Court Honor Society, Syracuse University College of Law, 2016-2018
- Order of Barristers, 2018
- National Academy of Trial Lawyers Award for Distinguished Achievement in the Art and Science of Advocacy, 2018
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, 2017-2018