Cory W. Eichhorn
Cory W. Eichhorn is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office, where he is a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Mr. Eichhorn has more than 18 years of experience as a commercial litigator representing clients in the financial services industry, including national banks, mortgage servicers, debt buyers, third-party debt collectors and other consumer finance companies.
Mr. Eichhorn focuses his practice on advising clients in class action and individual matters involving an array of consumer services and issues. He is highly experienced in defending claims brought under the Telephone Consumer Practices Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), and a variety of other federal and state laws governing financial services institutions. Mr. Eichhorn manages a team of litigation lawyers throughout the country for a number of clients. He has served as lead counsel in numerous complex class action and individual matters across the United States. Mr. Eichhorn also counsels clients on compliance issues. He uses vision and creativity on every matter to achieve each client's business objectives. He works closely with clients to understand the issues they are facing from a practical perspective. Mr. Eichhorn employs these methods to help clients reach their desired outcome in any given case, on time and on budget.
Mr. Eichhorn is also an experienced trial lawyer, having tried numerous cases in front of a jury. He also has experience as appellate counsel in state and federal appellate courts throughout the country.
Mr. Eichhorn has published articles and spoken regularly on issues facing consumer finance companies. He also is devoted to the community and currently sits on the Executive Development Committee of the Special Olympics of Miami-Dade County and on the vestry and school board of St. Philip's Church and School in Coral Gables, Florida.
- Defended a financial services company in claims brought in federal court under the FDCPA related to allegations the company faces throughout the country and obtained summary judgment in the company's favor
- Defended a financial services company against a claim brought in federal court alleging the company filed a purported fraudulent information return with the IRS and obtained summary judgment in the company's favor
- Defended the primary subsidiary of a publicly traded financial services company in multiple class actions wherein federal courts granted motions to compel arbitration and dismissed class allegations
- Defended a financial services company in class action claims brought in federal court alleging violation of Florida's No Surcharge Statute and obtained dismissal with prejudice of all claims
- Defended a financial services company in a class action claims alleging unjust enrichment, fraud and violation of state unfair and deceptive trade practices act related to the purported failure of the company's affiliate to properly register as a corporation; removed matter to federal court under the Class Action Fairness Act and obtained dismissal with prejudice of all claims
- Defended a national mortgage servicer in a class action in connection with claims alleging the company charged excessive amounts of force placed premiums on flood and hazard insurance related to residential properties; obtained dismissal of a majority of the claims asserted in the complaint and the order denying class certification as to remaining claims
- Defended healthcare technology company in numerous TCPA class action matters, utilizing creative strategies to achieve desired results
- Defended a state clerk of court in multiple putative class actions asserting claims under FACTA and alleged violation of state laws, including obtaining order dismissing class action with prejudice
- Defended broad array of clients in claims brought under the TCPA, resulting in the dismissal of numerous claims
- Provided consultation on TCPA compliance and related matters to clients spanning across multiple industries
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Practice Section
- Dade County Bar Association
- Special Olympics Miami-Dade County, Resource Development Committee
- Top 50 Attorneys of Miami, Attorney Intel, 2023
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Rising Star, 2010-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated