Robert Eickenroht is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Houston office, where he focuses his practice on merger and acquisition transactions, corporate and partnership law, equities, energy and water. His experience also includes asset and stock purchases and dispositions; private placements; venture capital and private equity financings; and structuring and forming partnerships, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
In addition, Mr. Eickenroht handles offshore drilling projects; power generation and gas storage, transmission, distribution, and marketing activities and derivatives; the refining/processing and marketing of oil, gas and natural gas liquids; and the development, purchase and sale of renewables businesses and water-related assets.
Mr. Eickenroht previously served as a vice president and assistant general counsel of a Fortune 10 diversified energy company. He has spoken on numerous corporate and energy-related topics, including mergers and acquisitions, midstream agreements, public utilities (mergers, disaggregation structures and power marketing), electric and gas energy markets and the Public Utility Holding Company Act.
- Development of U.S.-based natural gas storage facilities
- Restructuring of UK-based liquefied natural gas (LNG) and gas storage projects and the corporate structuring for a U.S.-based joint venture LNG project
- Offshore Gulf of Mexico (GOM) oil and gas investments, acquisitions, financings and joint ventures, including leases and assignments, exploration and participation agreements, offshore operating agreements, production handling agreements, drilling and production systems and related facilities
- Acquisition of a refinery and the acquisition, sale and joint venture of more than 15 gas processing plants, including methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) and methanol
- Pipeline acquisitions and developments, including natural gas, Y-grade, purity products, carbon dioxide (CO2) and crude oil, and applicable Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and state tariffs
- Development of a midstream platform and acquisitions of various gas gathering assets, gas processing facilities and natural gas pipelines located in Texas and Louisiana
- Acquisition of a large crude oil trucking business in multiple states
- Acquisition of a FERC regulated natural gas pipeline
- Sale of a Texas propane business to one of the largest propane suppliers in North America
- Acquisition of a propane pipeline
- Advises on a range of midstream commercial agreements, including: gas gathering, purchase and processing; Y-grade, fractionation and purity products; crude oil and water gathering; transportation; terminal storage; long-term dedications; CO2, compressed natural gas (CNG) and fuel supply; issuances of equity and options to acquire equity of midstream companies; upfront and deferred cash payments for dedications; buy/sells; refined products marketing and distribution; profit sharing; master and other services; pipeline connections; crude oil blending; pipeline and facility construction and operating services; undivided joint interest agreements (UJIA); capacity leases; and third-party provider agreements
- Acquisition of an electric public utility in the U.S.
- Acquisitions and sales of power plants
- Development of innovative power and gas trading contracts and strategic energy alliances
- Restructurings of Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act (PURPA) qualifying facilities
- Development and sale of renewable energy businesses (solar and wind)
- Acquisitions and restructurings involving publicly traded master limited partnerships (MLPs)
- Formation, private placement fundings, and initial public offering of a national retail provider of gas, electricity and other commodities and services
- Acquisition of a public water utility in the U.K.
- Development, acquisitions and sales of underground water rights and related assets in Texas, including royalty and bonus structures and addressing issues with surface, mineral and severed water estates
- Formation and funding of a national water and wastewater services and utility business, and representation of the management team, including the solicitation of and negotiation with private equity sponsors
- Advises on water supply agreements and wastewater operation and maintenance agreements
- Acquisition of a paper and print business
- Investments in and acquisitions of cable, radio and telecommunications companies
- Consolidation of various heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) businesses
- Sale of a specialty alloys company
- Representation of a U.K.-based joint venture for helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft and related services on a worldwide basis
- Acquisitions and sales of environmental-related businesses
- Acquisitions and sales of nine hotels and casinos
- Acquisitions of automobile dealerships
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A.
- State Bar of Texas
- The Legal 500 USA, Energy Transactions, 2019