Daniel Fajardo Villada is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office, where he focuses his practice on corporate and energy law.
Mr. Fajardo devotes most of his time assisting local and foreign companies in a wide variety of contractual, regulatory and corporate matters, as well as both domestic and transnational mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. He advises energy, oil, gas and mining companies on regulatory issues, and is well-versed in local and international arbitration.
In addition, Mr. Fajardo served as assistant professor of General Regime of Obligations at Universidad del Rosario and as an intern at the International Court of Arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris. He has published numerous articles on energy, mining, oil and gas.
Mr. Fajardo's representative legal matters include:
- advising GeoPark in the issuance of $350 million 5.500% senior notes due 2027, issued under Regulation S and Rule 144A
- advising the Colombian Petroleum Association (ACP) in the negotiation of the new offshore exploration and production (E&P) contract model for the development of hydrocarbons in the country
- advising PetroLatina Energy Ltd. in its approximately $525 million sale to Canada-based Gran Tierra Energy Inc.
- serving as the leading associate in a transaction involving the merger of two automotive industry companies in Colombia
- advising the sellers of five auto dealerships in a transaction totaling approximately $40 million
- advising the sellers of 72 Multiopticas stores to Lafam
- University of Dundee, LL.M., CEPMLP, Oil and Gas Law and Policy, with distinction
- Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, Specialization, Financial and Commercial Law
- Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, J.D.
- Georgetown University, Certificate, Legal English for Foreign-Trained Lawyers
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Corporate M&A, 2020
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Litigation, 2019
- Scholarship awarded by Dundee University, 2014-2015 (LLM in Oil and Gas Law and Policy).
- Colfuturo Scholar, 2014-2015.
- Preparatory Examinations Exemption, Outstanding Grade Point Average, Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, June 2010.
- Scholarship for Postgraduate Program, Outstanding Results at the "Examen de Estado de Calidad de la Educación Superior" (ECAES State Exam), University Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, 2009
- Outstanding Presentation Skills Recognition, International Competition of Commercial Arbitration, Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 2009
- First Place Essay Titled "Camino a la Reconciliación de la OMC con el Medio Ambiente" (The Way to Reconciliation Between the WTO and the Environment), "Premio German Cavelier," 2009