Dan Faust is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami and West Palm Beach offices. Mr. Faust represents clients in connection with the acquisition, capitalization, development and disposition of commercial real estate assets throughout the United States. His practice focuses on programmatic acquisition platforms, complex joint venture transactions, mixed-use hospitality projects, adaptive reuse development and creative place-making strategies.
As investors pursue opportunities in Florida and other flourishing American real estate markets, clients look to Mr. Faust for legal guidance and leadership from investment inception through final realization event. Whether such representation involves the assemblage of a large portfolio of alternative assets through a series of national acquisitions or the transformation of a neighborhood through strategic partnerships and curated development, Mr. Faust is known for his practical deal approach and business-oriented practice style.
Mr. Faust has been repeatedly recognized by leading industry publications such as The Best Lawyers in America and Daily Business Review for his work managing complex, multifaceted real estate transactions. Prior to joining Holland & Knight, he was an attorney for 17 years at a national law firm in its Miami office.
- Represent one of the largest privately owned self-storage operators and its fund partners in the programmatic acquisition of hundreds of self-storage facilities across the U.S. for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $1 billion, together with the associated financing, redevelopment and management of such facilities
- Represent the family office of a visionary investor/developer in the transformation of Miami's Wynwood neighborhood into a global center for art, culture and technology, including strategic assemblage acquisitions, joint venture recapitalization transactions, adaptive reuse and ground-up construction financing, retail leasing, and the procurement and curation of public art by internationally acclaimed street artists and muralists
- Represent an international hospitality operator and capital partner in the acquisition and development of a $1 billion mixed-use oceanfront development on Miami Beach that includes a five-star hotel, luxury residential condominium tower, restaurant and retail components, arts and cultural center and underground parking facility
- Represent a developer and capital partner in the $100 million assemblage and associated financing of two city blocks in Miami Beach, Florida, together with associated structuring and planning of a mixed-use hotel and residential condominium development thereon
- Represent a value-add developer and place-making sponsor in the acquisition, equity and debt capitalization and redevelopment of retail portfolios and industrial/land assemblages in Doral, St. Petersburg and West Palm Beach, Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Northwestern University, B.A.
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2013-2024
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate, 2023
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Real Estate, 2009-2011, 2013-2019
- South Florida Rising Star, Daily Business Review, 2016
- 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyer of South Florida, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2014
- Order of the Coif