Carla F. Fenswick
Carla Fenwsick is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Hospital companies, surgery center operators, senior living companies and other healthcare providers rely on Ms. Fenswick for her experience and efficiency. Respected by clients and adverse parties alike, she is highly knowledgeable regarding healthcare real estate. She is keenly aware of the importance of each real estate transaction in relation to larger strategic objectives, and the need to negotiate toward a win-win outcome for all parties – developers, real estate owners and physician groups – to safeguard long-term relationships.
Clients benefit from Ms. Fenswick's understanding of the regulatory overlay that governs healthcare real estate transactions, and her ability to navigate the complexity of the current credit market with respect to the covenants and agreements required by lenders.
Construction firms and financial lenders turn to Ms. Fenswick for counsel in commercial and real property development transactions. She also prepares and negotiates agreements for construction and design projects, including form agreements for the American Institute of Architects.
- Real estate lead counsel: single and multiple facility hospital system acquisitions and dispositions
- Real estate lead counsel: single and multiple locations surgery center company acquisitions
- Real estate lead counsel: single and multiple locations urgent care company acquisitions
- Senior outside real estate counsel: real estate dispositions, acquisitions, leasing and development for large multi-state hospital company
- Real estate and construction lead counsel for relocation of North American headquarters for an international automobile manufacturer
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., cum laude
- Nashville Bar Association, Real Estate Committee, Construction Committee
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, Business Law Section
- Tennessee Stonewall Bar Association, Founding Member; Board of Directors; Corporate Secretary
- Metropolitan Davidson County Community Services Agency, Board of Directors, Former Member
- Nashville Humane Association, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Nashville Legal Aid, Pro Bono Volunteer
- Tennessee Equality Project
- Women in Healthcare, Nashville Chapter
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2014-2024
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rated