Zachary C. Frampton
Zachary "Zac" Frampton is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office. His practice focuses on complex litigation, with an emphasis on financial services litigation. He regularly defends against consumer class action matters in state and federal court, primarily involving laws that govern consumer lending, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). He also regularly handles state law claims involving California's Consumers Legal Remedies Act (CLRA), Unfair Competition Law (UCL), False Advertising Law (FAL), Homeowner Bill of Rights (HOBR), Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, as well as common law contract and tort-based claims.
Mr. Frampton has jury and nonjury trial experience, and has successfully litigated and arbitrated cases through appeal. He litigates in jurisdictions across the United States, including California, Oregon, Arizona, Florida and New York.
In addition, he counsels clients on compliance issues, including privacy policies, email and telephone marketing, collection procedures, credit reporting and arbitration provisions.
Mr. Frampton maintains an active pro bono practice. He regularly represents low-income petitioners in guardianship matters and volunteers at legal aid clinics, including Christian Legal Aid Office (CLAO), where he currently serves as an officer on the board of directors.
- First-chair trial counsel in arbitration involving Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) claims; obtained full defense verdict for large financial institution
- Second-chair trial counsel in state-court jury trial; obtained unanimous defense verdict for financial institutions and prevailing party attorneys' fees in excess of $1.2 million; following jury verdict, obtained summary judgment for more than $6.2 million on behalf of lender
- Second-chair trial counsel in multiday bench trial spread over several months resulting in a complete defense verdict for national mortgage lender
- Obtained summary dismissal for private university in action alleging Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act violations; judgment affirmed by U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- UCLA School of Law, J.D.
- Biola University, M.A.
- California State University, Stanislaus, B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Christian Legal Aid Office, Board of Directors, 2019-Present
- Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles, Board of Directors, 2011-2014
- Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs, Production Editor, UCLA School of Law, 2012-2014
- Fellowship Recipient, UCLA School of Law, 2012