Miranda A. Franco
Senior Policy Advisor
Miranda Franco is a senior policy advisor in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office and a member of the firm's Public Policy & Regulation Group. She has nearly two decades of collective experience in health policy and government relations, representing advocacy positions to policymakers, national physician specialty societies, state medical societies, hospitals and other healthcare organizations.
Ms. Franco has designed and promoted a variety of legislative and regulatory remedies on behalf of hospital, hospital system, life science, patient and provider groups. She has the ability to translate complex legal and regulatory issues into a practical, real-world framework to help her clients find solutions to healthcare’s most challenging problems.
Ms. Franco has extensive knowledge of Medicare's physician and hospital reimbursement process, Medicare's quality improvement initiatives, advancements in health information technology, Accountable Care Organizations and other innovative payment models, health system reform, public health preparedness programs, implementation of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), and other health-related issues. She routinely advises on coding, coverage and reimbursement for both providers and life science companies, and builds coalitions that advance the healthcare priorities of her clients.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Franco served as the government affairs representative for the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), where she led the association's advocacy efforts to help medical group practices meet the challenges posed by a rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace. Prior to joining the MGMA, Ms. Franco worked for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, lobbying members of Congress on federal healthcare issues, in particular Medicare reimbursement.
- Johns Hopkins University, M.A., Government
- Ohio University, B.A., Political Science
- 131 & Counting, Founder and President
- Women in Government Relations
- Court Appointed Special Advocate, D.C. Foster Care System
- Society of Health Policy Young Professionals Advisory Board
- American Heart Association "Heart's Delight" Annual Auction, Auction Committee Member
- Holland & Knight Living the Commitment Award, 2022
- Holland & Knight Emerging Leader, Class of 2020
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021