Drew Gandy is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office and a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice. Mr. Gandy primarily focuses his practice on real estate development and finance through the representation of national banks and large financial institutions in connection with construction, bridge and permanent loans for multifamily, office, retail and industrial projects, with a particular focus on syndicated market rate, affordable housing and private wealth transactions.
Mr. Gandy also has broad knowledge in the affordable housing finance arena that includes representing financial institutions providing debt financing on tax-exempt and conventional low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) projects throughout the United States.
In addition, Mr. Gandy represents a wide range of clients in diverse matters such as asset-based lending, acquisitions and dispositions of owned and leased assets, general corporate and business matters, and contract issues.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Gandy served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joyce Bihary and Honorable Barbara Ellis-Monro of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia, from 2011 to 2013. He also served as a floating law clerk for judges in the same court from 2013 to 2014. During law school, Mr. Gandy was an articles editor for the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal. He spent his third year of law school as a visiting student at Harvard Law School.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Georgia, A.B., B.S., Economics and Psychology, cum laude
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Georgia, Board of Trustees
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2024
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Atlanta Real Estate Law Ones to Watch, 2021-2023