Jose Goethe Gutierrez
José Gutierréz Mestre is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office. Mr. Gutierréz Mestre has more than 30 years of experience as a legal adviser to Colombian and foreign companies and focuses his practice in the areas of arbitration, litigation, corporations and private law.
Mr. Gutiérrez Mestre is an arbitrator and registered secretary of the Arbitration and Conciliation Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá. He has experience leading various national and international arbitration proceedings as well as prejudicial claims and legal proceedings regarding corporations, contracts and concessions before the Superintendency of Corporations and the ordinary and administrative jurisdictions of Colombia. For more than eight years, he has also handled with his team a wide range of consumer law procedures for relevant corporations in the country.
Additionally, Mr. Gutiérrez Mestre has in-depth knowledge of corporation law, mergers, acquisitions and due diligence, among other private practices. He also handles the structuring of business groups in Colombia, establishing the relevant applicable corporate schemes, as well as the operation and interaction with their holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliates.
In addition to his legal experience, Mr. Gutiérrez Mestre has served as a university professor of constitutional, commercial and financial law.
- Leader of various corporate litigation cases focused on contentious matters following contractual relationships of commercial nature, corporations, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), liability claims of directors and officers, and shareholder disputes before national and international arbitration tribunals and the Colombian Superintendency of Companies
- Represented and advised several operators of Colombian transportation and transit systems before arbitration tribunals of Bogotá, Medellín and Cali, as well as collection procedures
- Representation of foreign investors, national and international corporations and individuals in the Colombian beer and beverage sector, the Colombian telecommunications sector and transport operators
- Representation of technology, aviation and automobile companies in a series of consumer law procedures before the Colombian Superintendency of Industry and Commerce
- University of Wollongong, LL.M., International and Comparative Law
- Universidad de los Andes, J.D.
- Chambers Latin America – Latin America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Colombia: Dispute Resolution, 2023
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Colombia: Dispute Resolution, 2023
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Litigation, 2023