Ted Habermann is an intellectual property attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Mr. Habermann concentrates his practice on franchise law. He has more than two decades of experience inside the franchise industry, serving in multiple in-house counsel roles for two national restaurant chains in the family dining and fast casual restaurant industry, and as general counsel for a national provider of fire and water restoration services.
Mr. Habermann's experience includes working with clients who need assistance with a wide variety of regulatory and operations issues faced by franchisors, including:
- structuring franchise programs
- drafting franchise agreements and disclosure documents
- counseling on federal and state regulatory issues
- assisting with franchisee relationship and compliance issues
- developing franchise system policies and practices
- assisting in the negotiation and resolution of disputes
- responding to state and federal administrative inquiries and investigations
- counseling on the establishment of franchise advisory councils and cooperatives
In addition, Mr. Habermann's experience includes:
- sponsorship agreements
- sweepstakes and promotions
- venue facility agreements
- entertainer endorsements and branding
- media purchase agreements
- distribution agreements
- sales representative and marketing arrangements
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S.
- American Bar Association, Forum Committee on Franchising
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023