Jacqueline N. Harvey is an experienced litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's San Francisco and Portland offices. Ms. Harvey's practice includes representing individuals and corporations in fraud, fiduciary duties, trade secrets, and other tort litigation with a particular focus in complex commercial disputes involving breaches of contracts. She also has experience representing clients in litigation relating to housing, land use and environmental matters involving federal and state constitutional issues. She represents clients in a broad range of industries, including healthcare, technology, financial services, hospitality and government.
Ms. Harvey is a Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star and has successfully assisted disadvantaged clients who are victims of fraud, financial elder abuse and harassment.
During law school, Ms. Harvey was an extern for the Honorable Robert N. Kwan of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. She also earned specialized certificates in dispute resolution and business entrepreneurship from Pepperdine University School of Law.
- Second-chaired arbitration for an international technology company, defeating all contractual and statutory claims at trial
- Defeated breach of contract claims against a national automotive company arising for termination of a vendor agreement on summary judgment
- Third-chaired trial for an aerospace company in contract dispute with a terminated contractor
- Represented a national mortgage lender for claimed violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, resulting in dismissal of all claims
- Represented individuals alleging claims for fraud and breach of fiduciary duties claims against a former attorney
- Represented an insurance brokerage company in trade secret and breach of fiduciary duty litigation
- Defended against class action claiming breach of contract and violations of various California privacy laws
- Advocated for the revocation of regulations that limit housing availability and disproportionately harm minority residents on behalf of civil rights group
- Represented a hospitality company against zoning, ordinance and nuisance claims
- First-chaired contested a civil harassment hearing and obtained a long-term restraining order for an employee being harassed by threatening individual at her place of work
- Settled a complicated elder abuse case restoring a disabled, minority female homeowner to her home
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Puget Sound, B.A., Business Administration
- All State Courts in California
- All State Courts in Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Holland & Knight Women's Initiative, Office Coordinator
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Pepperdine Law Review, Associate Editor and Member, 2016-2018
- Pepperdine Law Interschool Moot Court Board, Member, 2016-2017
- Business Leadership Program, University of Puget Sound, 2011-2014
- Palmer Institute Certificate in Business and Entrepreneurship, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2018
- Straus Institute Certificate in Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2018
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society, Member
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Research & Writing, 2016
- Holland & Knight Pro-Bono All-Star, 2020-2021