Jacqueline N. Harvey is an experienced commercial litigation attorney in Holland & Knight’s Portland and San Francisco offices. Ms. Harvey's practice includes representing individuals and corporations in complex disputes involving breaches of contract, fraud, fiduciary duties, trade secrets, and other tort litigation. She also has experience representing clients in litigation relating to data privacy violations, including violations of the Federal and California Invasion of Privacy Acts and California’s Confidentiality of Medical Information Act. She represents clients in various industries, including healthcare, technology, financial services, hospitality and government.
Ms. Harvey is a Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star and has successfully assisted disadvantaged clients who are victims of fraud, financial elder abuse, and harassment.
During law school, Ms. Harvey was an extern for the Honorable Robert N. Kwan of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. She also earned specialized dispute resolution and business entrepreneurship certificates from Pepperdine University School of Law.
Ms. Harvey is the Portland office co-coordinator for the firm’s Women’s Initiative.
- Second-chaired arbitration for an international technology company, defeating all contractual and statutory claims at trial
- Third-chaired trial for an aerospace company in a contract dispute with a terminated contractor
- Defeated breach of contract claims against a national automotive company arising from termination of a vendor agreement on summary judgment
- Represented individuals alleging claims for fraud and breach of fiduciary duties claims against a former attorney
- Represented an insurance brokerage company in trade secret and breach of fiduciary duty litigation
- Defended against class action claiming breach of contract and violations of various California privacy laws
- Represented project owners against claims of breach of contract, fraud and concealment
- Represented brands in class actions alleging violations of Federal and California Invasion of Privacy Acts, California’s Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, breach of contract and unfair competition claims based on the use of third-party website advertising and analytics cookies
- Represented healthcare provider in class action alleging violations of state wiretap statute (CIPA) based on client’s alleged use of third-party tracker inside patient portal; secured individual dismissal before responsive pleading filed
- Advocated for the revocation of regulations that limit housing availability and disproportionately harm minority residents on behalf of civil rights group
- Represented a hospitality company against zoning, ordinance and nuisance claims
- First-chaired contested a civil harassment hearing and obtained a long-term restraining order for an employee being harassed by a threatening individual at her place of work
- Settled a complicated elder abuse case restoring a disabled, minority female homeowner to her home
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Puget Sound, B.A., Business Administration
- All State Courts in California
- All State Courts in Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Holland & Knight Women's Initiative, Office Coordinator
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Pepperdine Law Review, Associate Editor and Member, 2016-2018
- Pepperdine Law Interschool Moot Court Board, Member, 2016-2017
- Business Leadership Program, University of Puget Sound, 2011-2014
- Outstanding Volunteer in Public Service, Justice and Diversity Center (JDC), 2023
- Palmer Institute Certificate in Business and Entrepreneurship, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2018
- Straus Institute Certificate in Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2018
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society, Member
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Research & Writing, 2016
- Holland & Knight Pro-Bono All-Star, 2020-2021