Adam Hill is a business attorney who focuses his practice on commercial real estate and banking. His practice includes interim, permanent and construction financing related to loans secured by commercial real estate, including healthcare, retail, office, multifamily projects and mixed-use projects. Mr. Hill is based in Holland & Knight's Dallas office.
Mr. Hill represents lenders in connection loan assumptions, workouts and modifications, foreclosure proceedings and real estate owned (REO) sales. He also has represented clients in connection with the acquisition of distressed debt, the subsequent acquisition of collateral through foreclosure and the eventual disposition of property.
Mr. Hill has significant background in representing real estate developers and landowners in connection with the acquisition, sale, development and leasing of commercial real estate projects. He focuses primarily on medical office buildings, retail shopping centers, multifamily developments and mixed-use centers.
- Represented a secured lender in a $29 million construction loan secured by three industrial buildings constructed on parcels ground leased from Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport
- Represented a secured lender in loans in the aggregate amount of $36.5 million secured by five ground leased medical office buildings in Colorado
- Represented a secured lender in connection with the simultaneous assumption of four loans secured by medical office buildings in Texas and Florida totaling more than $50 million in the aggregate
- Represented a secured lender in a $58 million loan secured by five senior living facilities in Texas and Oklahoma
- Represented a secured lender in a $27 million sale of a loan secured by a commercial real estate development in Fort Worth, Texas
- Represented a secured lender in the workout and modification of a $17 million loan secured by three medical office buildings in the Kansas City area
- Represented a secured lender in the workout and modification of a $38 million construction loan secured by a retail development in central Texas
- Represented a secured lender in connection with various home builder credit facilities related to projects in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana
- Represented the lead bank in the foreclosure of multifamily and mixed-use developments located throughout Texas and the subsequent stabilization and eventual sale of the projects for more than $120 million in the aggregate
- Represented a senior lender in connection with a senior housing facility in Texas with an EB-5-funded mezzanine loan component
- Represented the syndication agent in a $50 million land development loan concerning the redevelopment of an urban infill land site into a retail facility in Texas
- Represented a real estate developer in the acquisition of an $84 million retail shopping center in El Paso, Texas
- Represented a publicly traded environmental services corporation in the negotiation of a saltwater disposal well lease
- Represented a Dallas-area hospital in connection with the acquisition and disposition of various properties around the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
- Represent tenant-in-common (TIC) owners of various retail, office, industrial and multifamily projects throughout the United States in connection with the bankruptcy of their TIC sponsor and the subsequent workout of the secured loan with various special servicers
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., Applied Mathematics and International Studies, magna cum laude
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- The Real Estate Council, Young Guns, Research and Development Committee
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate, 2020