Brian K. Hole is a litigation lawyer who practices in the area of complex commercial and real estate litigation and handles civil trials in Florida state and federal courts. As a partner in Holland & Knight's Fort Lauderdale office, Mr. Hole represents Fortune 100 and 500 companies along with midsize companies across the country.
Mr. Hole's commercial litigation experience includes representing clients in the financial services, waste and real estate industries in claims involving breach of contract, fraud, negligence, bad faith, deceptive and unfair trade practices, misappropriation of trade secrets, interstate commerce claims, civil conspiracy, civil theft, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with business relationships/contracts, injunctive relief and arbitration issues.
Mr. Hole's financial services experience includes representing lenders in connection with loans that are secured and unsecured. A significant part of his practice is focused on counseling clients who anticipate a loan may go into default to better position the client should a default occur. If the loan goes into default, Mr. Hole assists clients in workout efforts with borrowers. If all attempts to resolve a loan default through a workout fail, Mr. Hole has extensive mortgage foreclosure experience – having worked on more than 2,000 foreclosure actions with property values ranging from $250,000 up to $32 million.
Mr. Hole's recent representations include:
- prevailed at trial for a Fortune 500 company in defense of a plaintiff's action seeking damages in excess of $80 million on claims of tortious interference with a contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets and conversion
- representing a Fortune 500 company in the successful defense of an interstate commerce claim
- representing a shareholder in a dispute concerning a closely held international company and involving allegations of multiple business torts
- leading a statewide team of attorneys advising national and regional banks in connection with commercial real estate foreclosures, residential foreclosures, workouts and operations throughout Florida
- Mr. Hole serves as the professional responsibility partner for the firm's Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach offices
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.S.B.A., Business Administration
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- All State Courts in Florida
- Broward County Bar Association, Bench & Bar Committee, 2023-2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2021-2023
- Committee Chair of the Year, Broward County Bar Association, Bench & Bar Committee, 2018
- ABA Military Pro Bono Project Outstanding Services Award, 2014