John H. Irons is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Century City office. Mr. Irons focuses his practice on real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, financing, secured debt, restructuring and workouts, as well as other complex real estate-related matters.
In addition, Mr. Irons has extensive experience in leading individual property and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions of office, multifamily and industrial properties throughout the U.S.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Irons was a partner and member of the executive committee at a boutique national real estate law firm in Los Angeles.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in connection with the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition, financing and recapitalization of a 31-property, 59-building, approximately 4.5 million-square-foot office portfolio in Southern California
- Representation of a joint venture comprised of multiple institutional investors in connection with its acquisition, financing, development and sale of the approximately 1,100-acre Playa Vista master-planned, mixed-use community in Los Angeles
- Representation of a private real estate syndicator in its acquisition, development, financing and management of an approximately $850 million portfolio of multifamily projects located throughout the U.S.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in the acquisition, financing and recapitalization of three real estate investment trusts (REITs) holding 17.7 million square feet of Class A industrial properties in 11 states
- Representation of an institutional investor and its affiliates in the sale of a 17-building San Diego office portfolio totaling 2.1 million square feet to an institutional real estate investor
- UCLA School of Law, J.D.
- UCLA, B.A., Philosophy, magna cum laude
- California Lawyers Association, Real Estate Section, 1990-2022
- Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, Real Estate Law, 2016-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2018-2023
- Client Service All-Star, The BTI Consulting Group Inc., 2013
- American Jurisprudence Award, Torts and Criminal Law, UCLA School of Law, 1984, 1985
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Phi Beta Kappa