John H. Irons is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Century City office, and is the firm's West Coast Real Estate Deputy Practice Group Leader. Mr. Irons focuses his practice on real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, financing, secured debt, restructuring and workouts, as well as other complex real estate-related matters throughout the United States.
Mr. Irons has extensive experience in leading individual property and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions of office, multifamily and industrial properties throughout the U.S.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Irons was a partner and member of the executive committee at a nationally recognized boutique real estate law firm in Los Angeles.
- Representation of a private equity firm in joint ventures, acquisitions and financings of the purchase of approximately $2 billion of multifamily assets located throughout the United States since 2021
- Representation of an institutional investor and its subsidiaries in the individual sales of approximately 150 multifamily projects located throughout the United States over a seven-year period
- Representation of a private equity firm in its disposition of approximately 320 office properties located throughout the United States over a 10-year period
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition, financing and recapitalization of a 31-property, 59-building, approximately 4.5 million-square-foot office portfolio in Southern California
- Representation of a joint venture comprised of multiple institutional investors in connection with its acquisition, financing, development and sale of the approximately 1,100-acre Playa Vista master-planned, mixed-use community in Los Angeles
- Representation of a private real estate syndicator in its acquisition, development, financing and management of an approximately $850 million portfolio of multifamily projects located throughout the U.S.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in the acquisition, financing and recapitalization of three real estate investment trusts (REITs) holding 17.7 million square feet of Class A industrial properties in 11 states
- Representation of an institutional investor and its affiliates in the sale of a 17-building San Diego office portfolio totaling 2.1 million square feet to an institutional real estate investor
- UCLA School of Law, J.D.
- UCLA, B.A., Philosophy, magna cum laude
- California Lawyers Association, Real Estate Section, 1990-2022
- Southern California Super Lawyers magazine, Real Estate Law, 2016-2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2018-2023
- Client Service All-Star, The BTI Consulting Group Inc., 2013
- American Jurisprudence Award, Torts and Criminal Law, UCLA School of Law, 1984, 1985
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Phi Beta Kappa