Kate Joffe is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution and Appellate practice groups, with extensive experience in complex litigation and appeals. Ms. Joffe is primarily based out of the firm's Fort Lauderdale office but practices throughout Florida, with a particular focus on South Florida. In her diverse practice, she serves the litigation needs of a wide range of clients, representing both plaintiffs and defendants before Florida state and federal courts.
Ms. Joffe's litigation practice involves complex and high-stakes matters. She has extensive experience in disputes involving fiduciary duties, deceptive and unfair trade practices, misappropriation, fraud, trade secrets, contracts and real estate claims. She has also successfully defended clients in class action lawsuits filed in federal and state courts in Florida over claims concerning disclosures of protected information, deceptive and unfair trade secrets, and fraudulent misrepresentation, among others.
Ms. Joffe also has widespread experience representing clients in appeals before each of Florida's appellate courts, allowing her to leverage that experience to provide an additional insight to her clients involved in disputes at the trial level.
Highlights of Ms. Joffe's representations include:
- representing a Fortune 500 company in the successful defense of an interstate commerce claim
- successfully defending a claim pled as a statewide class action against a franchisor and its franchisees, resulting in a dismissal with prejudice
- defending a major financial institution against claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty related to a Ponzi scheme
- obtaining numerous favorable appellate decisions regarding standing and other issues related to promissory notes and foreclosures
- obtaining a favorable verdict in a representative class action alleging deceptive and unfair trade practices regarding condominium units, resulting in a favorable settlement for all of the cases
In addition, Ms. Joffe is actively involved in her community, including through Leadership Broward and Soroptimist International of Pompano Beach.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Oglethorpe University, B.A., Communications and American Studies
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Florida Bar
- Broward County Bar Association
- Soroptimist International of Pompano Beach
- 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County, Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
- Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Class XIV
- Leadership Broward, Class XXXII