Shaina Kamen is a private wealth services attorney. Ms. Kamen serves as general counsel to high-net-worth individuals and multigenerational families throughout New York and Florida.
Ms. Kamen advises clients on all aspects of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning to create plans consistent with client goals, with an emphasis on coordinating the overlay of business succession planning on estate planning for family-owned business structures.
In addition to developing comprehensive wealth transfer plans for clients, Ms. Kamen often acts as a resource to family offices, including trustees and other advisors, to coordinate the implementation of estate plans across multigenerational family groups. She also works with family members and advisors to evaluate family office structures and needs, including restructuring existing family offices or creating new family offices as objectives evolve over time.
Ms. Kamen's practice encompasses all aspects of estate and trust administration in New York and Florida, including post-mortem estate planning, and federal and state estate tax matters.
Ms. Kamen frequently writes and speaks on estate planning topics relating to high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Tax
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A.
- New York
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Law Section Newsletter, Associate Editor, 2017-Present
- New York City Bar Association, Trusts, Estates, & Surrogate's Court Committee, 2018-2019
- New York City Bar Association, Estate & Gift Taxation Committee, 2015-2018
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2021, 2022
- Rising Star, New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2015-2019