Kris Kearney is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office, where he focuses his practice on a wide variety of real estate matters. Mr. Kearney represents a wide variety of clients in various real estate transactions, including land development for residential, commercial and industrial uses, raw land and improved property acquisitions and dispositions, landlord and tenant commercial leasing, borrower acquisition and construction financing, and corporate formation, as well as entitlement matters, including zoning and incentive agreements.
Mr. Kearney represents a wide range of clients that include real estate developers, real estate investors, landlords, tenants, real estate borrowers, property managers, real estate brokers and other private parties. His practice is national in scope with a focus in Texas and Colorado that includes Texas projects in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Houston and Austin, and Colorado projects in Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Representation of developers in several acquisitions of land and subsequent development thereof into master-planned communities with mixed uses, including single-family and commercial improvements; representation includes: 1) negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements and related acquisition documents with seller landowner; 2) negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements with homebuilders and commercial builders for end-uses; 3) negotiating tri-party financing agreements by and among the client, the homebuilders and the client’s lender; and 4) analyzing and summarizing title, survey and other due diligence matters
- Representation of developers in several acquisitions of land and subsequent development thereof into industrial facilities, multifamily residential buildings and retail centers; representation includes 1) negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements and related acquisition documents with seller landowner; 2) form entities for the transaction and negotiate related operating agreement; 3) negotiating and drafting loan documents with lenders in connection with acquisition and construction financing; 4) negotiating and drafting lease agreements; and 5) analyzing and summarizing title, survey and other due diligence matters
- Representation of developers and investors in the divestment and sale of improved multifamily, commercial and industrial properties; representation includes negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements and related sale documents, along with other matters required in connection with closings
- Representation of an international company in negotiating and drafting entitlement agreements with local governments in Texas that included economic development grants, corporate relocation grants, a real estate purchase and sale agreement, and related documents
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., Business-Finance, summa cum laude