Kathryn Lehman is a partner in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office and practices in the area of Public Policy & Regulation. A 15-year veteran of the Hill, Ms. Lehman has significant and wide-ranging experience, having worked closely with the White House, administrative agencies, House and Senate leadership and committees, political committees and other key members of government.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Lehman served as Chief of Staff for the House Republican Conference. Her career began as counsel on the House Judiciary Committee Staff, where she served for eight years – first as Counsel to former Chairman F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr, (R-WI) when he was Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on Civil and Constitutional Rights and then as Counsel and Chief Counsel of the Subcommittee on the Constitution for former Chairman Henry J. Hyde (R-IL). She later served as special assistant to then-Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA), as policy director to House Majority Whip Tom DeLay (R-TX), and director of coalitions and outreach for Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-IL).
In 2003, she assumed the top post under GOP Conference Chairman Deborah Pryce, managing the fourth-ranking Leadership office in the House of Representatives. In this role she was charged with crafting legislative and floor strategies for House Republicans while earning respect from members on both sides of the aisle.
Ms. Lehman is a voice for LGBTQ equality on Capitol Hill, having worked with Freedom to Marry to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act and support marriage equality throughout the United States. In recognition of these efforts, the American Unity Fund honored her with the Champions of Freedom award for her work on behalf of LGBTQ Americans.
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D.
- Oral Roberts University, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- Value In Electing Women Political Action Committee (VIEW PAC), Advisory Board Member
- The Legal 500 USA, Government - Government Relations, 2019, 2020
- Top Lobbyist - Hired Guns, The Hill, 2011-2020
- American Unity Fund Champion of Freedom Award for LGBTQ Advocacy, 2016
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- Fabulous Fifty, Roll Call, One of Capitol Hill's Most Powerful Staff Members