Nora Liggett is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. For more than two decades, institutional healthcare providers have turned to Ms. Liggett to bridge the gap between strategic objectives and regulatory requirements. She helps CEOs, CFOs and development officers structure corporate and system transactions in compliance with federal and state healthcare regulations.
Executives at the facility level also rely on Ms. Liggett for assistance with day-to-day operational issues. In either scenario, clients value her calm and practical approach to developing strategies and structures that advance their organizations toward achieving critical goals. She has earned respect across the full provider spectrum – from hospitals and health systems, to ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, imaging centers and physician groups.
- Advised Capella Healthcare in its affiliation with KershawHealth in South Carolina
- Represented Duke LifePoint Healthcare in its $500 million acquisition of Conemaugh Health System, west-central Pennsylvania's largest health system, including three hospitals, outpatient facilities and physician practices
- Represented Pennsylvania-based Ellwood City Hospital in its acquisition by Florida-based Americore Health LLC, which included the hospital's conversion from a non-profit to for-profit hospital
- Represented HCA Healthcare, Inc. in the acquisition of Frisbie Memorial Hospital in New Jersey, including providing regulatory diligence and completing facility-related regulatory filings
- Represented United Surgical Partners International (USPI) in its acquisition of Audubon Surgery Center and assisted in structuring the transaction and in getting the center licensed and enrolled in governmental payor programs
- Represented USPI in the acquisition of an interest in multi-specialty surgery center in New Jersey
- Represented USPI in the acquisition of Borland Groover’s two locations of Jacksonville Center for Endoscopy
- Represented USPI in the acquisition of Greensboro based The Foot Surgery Center of North Carolina by a joint venture between USPI and Novant Health System
- Served as legal counsel to North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) in its acquisition of American Anesthesiology, a MEDNAX, Inc. medical group
- Represented Vail-Summit Orthopaedics & Neurosurgery in its acquisition of Alpine Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- University of the South, B.A., cum laude
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Tennessee Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Hillsboro West End Neighborhood Association, Board of Directors
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Healthcare: Regulatory (Tennessee), 2008-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Health Care Law, 2008-2023
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, Healthcare, 2008, 2012, 2019