Carolina López is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. López focuses her practice on a variety of litigation, construction and international arbitration matters.
In addition, Ms. López has experience advising clients on doing business in Latin America, investment protection and construction disputes. Her experience in arbitration includes domestic and cross-border proceedings under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Prior to rejoining Holland & Knight, Ms. López was an attorney in the firm's Bogotá office, where she handled corporate law, project finance, mining law, litigation in civil court proceedings and local and international arbitration proceedings.
- Served on a team defending two mining corporations in an international arbitration under International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) rules related to disputes arising out of service agreements for mining equipment
- Served on a team in an International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) arbitration against Colombia under the Swiss-Colombia BIT concerning adverse measures affecting its investment in the mining sector
- Served on a team that represented an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor against the owner in a $4 billion-plus ICC arbitration arising out of the construction of a mega infrastructure project in Colombia
- Served on a team that represented a Colombian company in the oil sector in a $125 million ICC arbitration seated in Bogotá regarding a contract for the construction of port facilities
- Served on a team that represented a multinational group of companies in a fiscal liability proceeding before the Contraloría General de la República in relation to a $6.8 billion-plus fiscal detriment regarding a state-owned Colombian company
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., International Legal Studies
- Universidad de los Andes, J.D.
- New York
- Latin American Arbitration Society (LAAS), New York University School of Law, Founding Member, 2021-2022
- Dean's Graduate Award, New York University School of Law, 2022