Arthur Lotz is a partner in Holland & Knight's Dallas office and a member of the Financial Services Practice Group. Mr. Lotz focuses his practice on complex syndicated loan transactions, asset-based and reserve-based lending, and acquisition and leveraged finance for both borrowers and lenders.
Mr. Lotz regularly advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies, corporate borrowers and other financial institutions. In addition, he has substantial experience with in-court and out-of-court debt restructurings, including debtor-in-possession and exit financings.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Lotz was a corporate partner for a multinational law firm in its Dallas office.
- Represented two leading private investment firms in connection with the acquisition by an affiliate of one of their investment partners, a leading provider of website and e-commerce development solutions
- Represented a global tax services, software and technology firm on $975 million of senior secured multicurrency credit facilities
- Represented a provider of coworking spaces in connection with its $1.75 billion letter of credit facility
- Represented multiple sponsor-backed upstream and midstream oil and gas companies in first- and second-lien term loan facilities and reserve-based revolving credit facilities
- Represented a technology-focused private equity firm and a cloud-based professional services software company in connection with its merger with a project management platform
- Represented a private nationwide hospital operator in its $710 million asset-based revolving credit facility
- Represented one of the largest privately held exploration and production (E&P) companies in the U.S. in its $5.6 billion acquisition of an upstream and midstream business in Alaska
- Represented a leading global investment firm in a CA$120 million term loan financing provided to a financial services firm based in Canada
- Represented a private equity-backed portfolio company and a leading midstream-produced water infrastructure company in connection with a $100 million revolving credit facility and $325 million senior secured notes
- Represented a British multinational company in a $200 million secured letter of credit facility used to backstop plugging and abandonment obligations of a U.S. oil and gas company
- Represented a global impact investment platform and a leading renewable natural gas marketing and environmental commodities company on the acquisition of one of the largest carbon credit developers in North America
- Represented an E&P company in its $6 billion merger of equals with a hydrocarbon exploration and hydraulic fracturing company
- Represented an E&P company in its $5.5 billion acquisition by a leading North American E&P company
- Represented a publicly traded company engaged in pipeline transport in its $5.1 billion acquisition
- Represented an energy private equity firm in its acquisition of a significant interest in a waste-to-product business
- Represented a U.S.-based public company with a primary focus on sustainable carbon dioxide enhanced oil recovery on the restructuring of its long-standing carbon dioxide pipeline arrangements
- Represented industrial services client in $75 million expansion of its existing $200 million term loan facility and related amendment to its LLC Agreement to allow for the loan proceeds to be utilized to fund a mini-liquidity event by repurchasing certain equity securities and distributing the remaining proceeds to equity owners
- Represented a global upstream and downstream engineering, procurement, construction and installation company in a $1.7 billion super-priority term loan and letter of credit facility and the subsequent prepackaged Chapter 11 case and $2.8 billion debtor-in-possession credit facility
- Represented a leading infrastructure and logistical services provider in connection with its Chapter 11 case addressing more than $1 billion of secured and unsecured holding company debt, $400 million of preferred equity and $550 million of secured asset-level bank debt
- Represented a U.S.-based public company with a primary focus on sustainable carbon dioxide enhanced oil recovery in its prepackaged Chapter 11 case with $2.5 billion in funded debt
- Represented one of the largest oil and natural gas exploration and production (E&P) companies in Wyoming in its prepackaged Chapter 11 case with $1.9 billion in funded debt
- Represented an E&P company and one of the top producers of crude oil in North Dakota in its prearranged Chapter 11 case with $3.5 billion in funded debt
- Represented an E&P company in its Chapter 11 case with $600 million in funded debt in the first one-day prepackaged Chapter 11 case in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Represented an oil and natural gas investment fund in its prepackaged Chapter 11 case with $1.1 billion of funded debt
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Baruch College of the City University of New York, B.B.A., Finance
- New York