Nadya N. Makenkois a lawyer in Holland & Knight's Boston office focused on real estate leasing, sales and acquisitions. Ms. Makenko represents landlords, tenants, owners, buyers and developers in the leasing, acquisition, disposition, and development of commercial and residential projects. She routinely drafts acquisition and disposition documents and resolves title issues and negotiates title insurance coverage for a variety of acquisition transactions, including energy projects. In addition, Ms. Makenko routinely drafts and negotiates office, retail, industrial and other leases on behalf of landlords and tenants nationally.
Ms. Makenko is a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED-AP) with a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles, as well as the LEED Rating System.
Prior to going into private practice, Ms. Makenko worked for U.S. government-sponsored projects in the Republics of the former Soviet Union, assisting American expatriate lawyers in developing market-oriented laws for the now-independent countries in their transition from a centralized economy to a market-oriented economy.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Kyrgyz State National University, B.A., with honors
- Real Estate Bar Association
- NAIOP – A Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023