Lauren R. Margiano is a New York real estate attorney who focuses her practice on commercial real estate leasing, concentrating on the representation of landlords and tenants in all aspects of office, retail and restaurant lease negotiations.
Ms. Margiano regularly counsels prestigious landlords and developers in New York City and national markets, from the term-sheet stage through lease execution, and continues to advise such clients throughout lease terms. Ms. Margiano also represents tenants engaged in a wide variety of industries, including national banking associations, restaurants and office-sharing companies, with respect to leasing and other diverse real estate matters.
Ms. Margiano's recent engagements include:
- represented Brookfield Office Properties in connection with the simultaneous leasing of a department store, retail store and 400,000 square feet of office space to Saks Fifth Avenue
- represented Brookfield Office Properties in connection with a lease to Union Square Hospitality Group at Manhattan West
- represented a national banking association in connection with a portfolio-wide sale and leaseback of properties throughout New York City
- represented SL Green in connection with the lease of 100,000 square feet of office space as well as retail banking space to The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- represented several major landlords in connection with various office leases with financial services institutions throughout New York City
- represented ground lessors and ground lessees in several ground-leasing transactions
- represented prestigious tenants in several headquarter leases of at least 75,000 square feet
- represented several prominent insurance companies, global banking and financial services firms, and Am Law 100 law firms in connection with major leases throughout the United States
- represented ground lessors/landlords in connection with several not-for-profit condominium sale transactions
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Margiano participated in several high-profile leasing transactions in New York City, including the negotiation of leases for downtown Manhattan's first luxury department store, the initial lease-up of a high-end, mixed-use redevelopment project and the first two outposts for a national home improvement chain.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- New York University, B.A., Sociology and Urban Design/Architectural Studies, cum laude
- New York
- New York City Bar Association
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) Staff
- Fordham Urban Law Journal
- Influencer in Retail Real Estate - Holland & Knight's Retail Development and Leasing Team, GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2022-2024
- Rising Stars, New York Super Lawyers magazine, Real Estate, 2017-2018